What do we know about RECYCLING?
Next week we will be doing a mini-topic on recycling and the environment. We will give you some environmentally-themed tasks, and will also ask you to complete your own project. This could take many forms. For example, you could:
- Design a poster encouraging people to recycle
- Find out what happens to our rubbish when it gets taken away and present your findings as a non-chronological report
- Recycle your rubbish and make something with it
- Write a recycling song or rap - and record it
- Design a leaflet explaining what to do with different sorts of household rubbish
We will expect to see what you have done when you return to school – prizes will be awarded to good examples!
Here are some questions to think about:
- How much food do we waste, and why?
- What is being done to reduce food waste?
- What can we all do to help reduce food waste?
- Why does food need packaging?
- How and where we can recycle?
- Why do we use so much plastic?
- What are the problems with plastic?
- What is being done by the government and companies to tackle the plastic problem?
- What can we all do to help?
Weblinks to help you